Tomorrow my summer officially ends.
It’s kind of saddening, however with a day like today it doesn’t feel much like summer anyway. Raining and cold…Man I wish I was home stuck in my chair reading a book.
I know I had only planned to read and review books over the summer, but I doubt I’ll stop this blog. It’s not too famous, but I enjoy it and that’s really all that matters.
I’d like to take a minute to show you how many books I’m reading at this moment (please note this is the count BEFORE school starts). First we have book 10 of my project: The Shining (Stephen King). Next, we have book 11: White (Ted Dekker). Also, a new book I just recently picked up: Drood (Dan Simmons). Lastly: book 4 of Guardians of Ga’Hoole.
I have to say, I am captured by each book. The Shining is brilliant and I’m pulled in with each chapter I read (now up to 27 I believe).
White continues the story seamlessly without a hint of boredom or repetitiveness.
Within the first 13 pages of Drood I was simply hooked.
Okay, so I lied, I’m not actually reading book 4. I got through a couple chapters then got too distracted with the others. Haven’t been able to pick it up since.
Hopefully I’ll be able to finish off The Shining before I get too caught up in school work so that I can get a review out. I’ve got the chills reading it at the moment and not fully understanding where the book is going to go is killing me. For now, I’m going to go find a comfy chair and read till I can’t read any more.
No comments:
Post a Comment